It’s never too early or too late to put the expertise of a financial advisor to work for you. Whether you are investing for the first time or have existing investments, you don’t have to go it alone.
The fact is that many of us don’t have the time or expertise to evaluate our whole financial picture, goals and risk tolerance and put together a comprehensive plan of action. That’s where a financial advisor can provide much-needed perspective and motivation. She can step back, take an objective look at your whole financial picture, provide you with recommendations to meet your needs and, most importantly, help you get started.
Consider Her Your Personal Financial Coach
- She will welcome your questions. No matter how basic or complex, a good advisor understands that an educated, informed client can be an engaged client for life. She can be your “go to” person on all things money.
- She will listen and get to know you to help understand your situation, needs, goals, risk tolerance and any special concerns you may have.
- She will cut through the financial noise as there are a tremendous number of investment choices out there. An advisor can tailor an investment plan to your unique needs and it doesn’t have to be complicated.
- She will help you stay the course. She’s there to coach you through volatile times so you stay the course with your plan. She will also monitor your investment portfolio and review it with you periodically to keep you on track.
Four Practical Ways to Build a Successful Relationship with Your Advisor
- Be clear about your financial situation and goals. Your advisor needs to understand your whole financial picture and can make the appropriate recommendations.
- Be realistic about your goals and timeframes. This includes planning over appropriate time periods. It’s time in the market, not timing the market that’s the best strategy.
- Review progress toward your goals regularly with your advisor. Meet annually, at a minimum, and whenever a significant change occurs in your life.
- Be clear with your advisor in terms of how you would like the relationship to work. Would you like to touch base quarterly or is annually sufficient? Do you prefer phone calls or face-to- face contact?
Remember, you’re in the driver’s seat when it comes to your money and like any trusted professional, whether doctor, personal trainer or financial advisor, their mission should be to help you succeed.
At Jemma Financial, our knowledgeable financial advisors are women like you who can help you create a plan to meet your financial goals. Visit jemmafinancial.com to learn more.
Securities offered through M.S. Howells & Co., Member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services offered through Jemma Investment Advisors, LLC, a registered investment advisor. M.S. Howells & Co. and Jemma Investment Advisors, LLC are not affiliated.